This phlebotomy venepuncture training course is aimed at all healthcare staff, whose roles include taking blood:
- Define venepuncture
- Identify suitable veins for venepuncture
- Explore the problems in identifying suitable veins for venepuncture
- Identify complications and actions i.e. faint, anxiety,
haematoma arterial puncture
- Demonstrate health and safety awareness issues related to venepuncture e.g. hand washing,
needlestick injury, infection risk, and sharp disposal.
- this runs from 9:30-12:30 cost £180
- what is IV cannulation
- health and safety
This can be taken online as a refresher or face to face.
This is a pm course 1-4pm £180
For the full day combined venepuncture and cannulation £250